Welcome to the Robloxian Film & Television Wiki Administration Overview. This page details policies, as well as guidelines for the administration to follow for the wikia.
- Responsible for removing administrators who violate the rules.
- Responsible for setting up election/community/administration audit polls.
- Responsible for wikia strategic management and website promotion.
- Responsible for determining whether content abides by official wikia rules.
- Allowed to suspend the rules of order with majority agreement of all voting and non-voting cabinet members.
- Serves as the RFTA Chairman will full power to remove, veto, and create decisions on behalf of the committee.
- Power to unilaterally veto or remove any wikia decision excluding Removal from Office, Rules and Conditions, or Administration policies.
- Responsible for community upkeep.
- Responsible for rolling back pages affected by vandalism.
- Responsible for updating pages.
- Responsible for banning users.
- Responsible for community investigations.
- Determine if wikia decisions proposed by a non-admin can correctly qualify for a vote in the RFTW
- Responsible for removing vandalism/spam from pages.
- Responsible for formatting unformatted pages.
- Responsible for deleting libelous material/personal attacks.
- Responsible for moderating website chat, website discussions, and comments.
- Responsible for moderating all offsite wikia discussions including ROBLOX group and Discord message walls.
- Responsible for determining whether content abides by official wikia rules.
- Responsible for monitoring all social media and offsite channels, including Twitter, Discord and YouTube.
Elected Administrators are administrators who are officially elected through a wikia election to their position. They have all the powers of their office, including all rights to vote on wiki decisions, as well as membership of themselves and their companies in the RFTA.
Appointed Administrators are administrators who accept an appointment to an office by the Bureaucrat. Once an office has been vacated, the Bureaucrat may appoint a replacement administrator for the duration of the removal of adminship, but this will trigger an immediate special election for the position. A user can reject an appointment to an office with no repercussion.
Appointed Administrators do not have the right to vote for wikia decisions, excluding the right of voting to remove admins, expanding or removing administrators and roles, Bureaucrat candidate rejections, and suspending the rules of order. Appointed Administrators cannot join the RFTA as a member, nor can their company.
Interim Administrators are administrators who take control of a wiki office for a period of time due to certain situations occurring on the wiki, such as a suspension of the rules of order resulting in an interim administration. They are also referred to as a transitional administrator, as they are helping the wiki transition from some period of uncertainty and disorder to new rules of order.
They are very much like Appointed Administrators except having the full right to vote in their office. Interim Administrators cannot hold their office indefinitely, wikia elections must eventually take place for their positions. Interim Administrators are members of the RFTA committee.
Temporary Administrators are appointed administrators who are given banning power by the Bureaucrat in order to secure the wiki in times where the security of the RFTW platform is threatened, such as in mass vandalism on virtually all pages. These administrators cannot vote in any wiki decisions. They have the power to determine the amount of time for a user's ban if they violate a wiki rule.
After the end of a specified time by the Bureaucrat, they will lose their temporary power and return to whatever positions they held before their appointment. They are also not members of the RFTA committee.
- New Administrators should promptly review the Rules and Conditions page of the RFTW wiki.
- New Administrators should review all sections of the Administrators page of the RFTW wiki.
There are currently three official RFTW administration positions, though there have been as many as five administration positions historically. Each role is assigned a specific wikia function as designed by FANDOM powers to observe.
Administration positions can be expanded or removed by all elected and appointed administrators voting in agreement if the current administration feels the community has grown to a point where more roles are necessary or has contracted to where only a certain amount of administrators are needed.
There can only ever be one person per administrative role, and no less than three administrators on the wiki. Any attempts to change that must go through a suspension of the rules of order.
Any RFTW or RFTA administrator has the ability to retire or quit their office. Quitting one position means the subsequent retirement or quitting of the other. This also includes studio and company membership in the RFTA. If an administrator seeks to quit or retire, they only need to reveal their intentions in a public forum.
In the event of a resignation or a vacancy of an administrative position, the Bureaucrat has the right to appoint temporary members of the RFTW wiki community to work in those positions until a special election is held. Members appointed to vacant positions must be eligible to run for the position that they were appointed to, but they will not have the right to vote as an appointed administration member until they win an election to their office.
If the bureaucrat itself is a position where nobody is currently holding the title, the administrator becomes the new bureaucrat. and the line of succession goes on down through the government. If there is nobody holding a position in government, a community audit will determine who the new bureaucrat will be and then they will appoint new officials.
Any RFTW administrator is allowed to take a scheduled or emergency leave of absence. Their position responsibilities will either be delegated by an approved replacement through the Bureaucrat within the wiki administration, or split amongst all wiki administration members.
Non-admins cannot fill in for responsibilities, because no new user is being appointed to the role, they are simply just taking over responsibilities temporarily. A wikia administration official hiatus will only be considered emergency if the admin does not report to any member of the community in 10 days or if the administrator notifies someone in the community that they are suffering from a problem in real life.
Removal From Office
Certain circumstances may call for the removal of an administrator from their elected or appointed office. The following details routs for an administrator's removal.
- If an administrator uses their powers to remove a ban from their wikia account, they will lose their administrative powers for the duration of the original ban and the subsequent abuse of power ban connected with the violation.
- A community audit results in a proposal to remove an administrator from office, and an administrative audit reaches the same conclusion.
- An appointed or elected administrator can be removed from power at any time with all other elected and appointed members of the administration voting for their removal from office.
- An administrator is banned under a community threat critical rule violation. The administrator loses their administrative power for the duration of the ban.
- FANDOM Staff removes Administrators after a community audit and subsequent request from community members.
Line of Succession
Due to the nature of wikia administration positions, there is only one line of succession. In the event that the Bureaucrat office is vacant for any reason, the Administrator automatically becomes the new Interim Bureaucrat. As the new Interim Bureaucrat, they can appoint a new Administrator in their old position.
Any RFTW user appointed to the Bureaucrat position by the previous Bureaucrat becomes an Interim Bureaucrat. If any other administrator is made the Bureaucrat. If the user is another administrator, they can appoint another user to their old position.
Elections should arguably be the most important discussion for the interim administration to consider, and immediately develop a plan for in order to transition from interim and appointed administrators to elected administrators.
Here is a warning template that administrators can put on users who have violated a rule.
- Title (ex. Critical Rule Warning No. 1/Basic Rule Warning No. 7)
- The RFTW Administration has found you guilty of violating RFTW Critical Rule No. # - (What the Offense Is). The punishment for a user's (number of offense) is a Warning + (Time of Ban).
- Reasons: (list them)
- You have the right to appeal this ban by messaging any RFTW administration official. Please consult the RFTW Rules and Conditions for the future to avoid possible rule violations.
The wikia administration only needs to hold votes on the following important decisions: Administrator Audits, Suspending the Rules of Order, Overturning Bureaucrat Candidate Rejections, Removing or Expanding Admins/Positions, Wikia Election Schedules, and Policies Impacting the Rules & Conditions/Administration Pages. Anything besides those do not need to have formal votes but can have ceremonial/symbolic votes.
Any wikia decision that created a policy which did not get added to our Rules & Conditions/Administration pages, is subject to the enforcement or lack thereof by the Bureaucrat. Any policy the admins passed before, but that doesn't have anything to do with wikia user rights or administrator procedures, they don't have to follow, but can choose to.
Wikia Decisions and RFTA decisions are implemented informally. If a decision needs to be broadcast, as determined by the Bureaucrat/RFTA Chairman, then a non-binding vote is held.
RFTA board members, RFTW administrators, and all RFTW users have the right to propose decisions to the RFTA or RFTW administration for approval. The RFTA board-members follow the voting rules of the RFTW administration and vote within the RFTW administration capacity. Any RFTA decision proposed by the board members carry the same weight as a wikia decision. The following procedures occur when submitting a wikia decision for voting.
- What the decision proposal is supposed to do.
- Why the decision proposal is needed.
- RFTA or RFTW members discuss the decision
- At this point in time, no further edits can be made to the decision proposal once debate has started
- RFTA or RFTW members officially vote on the decision proposal for approval.
- 50% or more support is needed to approve a proposal
- Approval Votes will count for passing the proposal.
- Disapproval Votes will count against passing the proposal.
- Neutral/Abstain Votes will reduce the voting body of eligible voters.
- Non-Voting Administrators have no impact on decisions they do not vote for.
- Proposals with three or more options will go into runoff voting until only two options remain.
- Results are tallied by any member of the RFTW or RFTA for a final result.
- People cannot change their vote after this tally.
- People can add their vote afterwards but they will be listed as Late Votes.
- Tie votes which occur must be moved to a vote on its archival on the wikia forum within 12 hours.
Wikia Decisions that are officially approved by the RFTW or the RFTA are now ready to be enacted. All pieces of a wikia decision that are approved must be enacted, otherwise it's an administrator abuse rule violation. A decision is considered enacted once all the pages or parts that a decision affects are changed, and finalized once the decision is published officially.
Administrator discussions should be recorded in some form or another and broadcast to the public. The only times that transparency may be denied is if the discussions center around strategic wikia security, which can be decided by a secret majority vote.
A wikia decision is considered deadlocked when a decision proposal ended with a tie vote, the voting process is taking a long time to complete, or a wikia decision is never actually enacted.
- If a wikia decision was deadlocked with a tie vote, the RFTA or the RFTW must re-vote on it in order for it to be archived on the Wikia Decisions forum as a tie.
- If a wikia decision never completed the voting process, no new wikia decisions can be considered until that process is completed.
- If a wikia decision is never enacted, after 1 week from approval, a new round of voting must take place for the same wikia decision, along with an investigation into why it was never enacted.
Suspension of The Rules of Order
The Rules of Order are the collective rules, conditions, regulations, and all guidelines on the RFTW wiki. They are constantly operating and ensuring the smooth, orderly, and accountable functions of the wikia and all affiliated websites operating under the jurisdiction of the RFTW. In certain circumstances, the Rules of Order can be suspended by a majority vote of all administrators, voting and non-voting, initiated by any member of the board, but usually the Bureaucrat. Suspension of The Rules of Order can only be properly followed through with the following procedures:
- Voting on an emergency proposal to suspend the Rules of Order for the wikia.
- Immediate blog post by the Bureaucrat or person responsible for proposing the suspension
- Blog post must explain why the rules have been suspended, the actions the board will implement to bring back order, and a timeline for this process. Disgression is given to the board as to how to present the information if a security threat impacts the blog post itself.
- Once the deadline for re-implementing the rules of order is reached, the administration must bring back the rules of order. The only way to avoid this is for the board to re-vote on another suspension of the Rules of Order, and follow all preceding steps.
Running For Office
Any user who meets the minimum qualifications to run for a position can run for any wikia administration position of their choice. No RFTW user can run for more than one position. People can request a position to run for up to the first day of voting. No wikia administrator can hold more than one position. If they are elected to a new position, or accept an appointment to another position, they automatically retire from their old position.
The only unique circumstance is running for Bureaucrat. Bureaucrat candidates are selected by the current wikia bureaucrat in order to prevent people from running who may not have the ability to successfully lead the wiki. However, if a user who wanted to run for a bureaucrat spot is not chosen, they have the right to challenge this decision by appealing to the other wikia administrators or though a community audit. Alternatively, majority vote by the other administrators can cancel out a Bureaucratic candidate rejection. In that case, the bureaucrat has no choice but to then add that person to the election.
Elections are to follow a cycle of every 4 months: April, August, and December of every year. The only exception to avoid the mandated voting is if all five voting and non-voting administration members agree to delay or reschedule the mandated elections for that particular cycle. The election cannot be delayed indefinitely or outright cancelled without suspending the rules of order for the wiki.
Special elections, like when an administrator resigns, will be held the next available weekend from the date of the vacancy and the winner will complete the remainder of that administrator's term. The new administrator will still have to run in the normally scheduled election cycles. These special election cycles can only be delayed if all five elected administration members agree to delay or reschedule the special elections. The election cannot be delayed indefinitely or outright cancelled without suspending the rules of order for the wiki.
Elections can take place either on the wikia website through wiki polls or offline. The link to the election polls must be posted publically in the Wikia Elections forum section once they are created. Polls are broken up by administrator positions, with candidates running under the wikia position they want. Poll closes at midnight the last voting day. New administration members announced the day afterwards. Elections are listed under the person's ROBLOX username, and if the user has multiple wikia accounts, if they win, the Bureaucrat will ask which account they want to be given permissions for.
After the results of an election are collected, the previous administration votes on certifying the election results though majority vote. If approved, the transfer of power officially begins. If the election is not certified, an immediate community audit is held to determine if the community members agree with the conclusions of the administration. If so, a fresh election is reheld a week later.
Transfer of Power
The transfer of power works this way, the previous administration's Bureaucrat promotes all of the newly elected administrators to their positions. The Bureaucrat then proceeds to demote the old administrators.
If the Bureaucrat position itself has a new person elected, the Bureaucrat demotes himself once the newly elected bureaucrat is properly promoted.
Once a new Moderator is elected to power, they are given control over all social media accounts via the old Moderator sharing the password Google Document. They must create new passwords for Twitter, YouTube, and Discord and share the new password amongst all the new wikia administrators, thus causing the old administrators to lose access.
If a user suspect any Administrator has abused their powers, or they want to challenge a user ban and warning, they should send a message to any Administrator with the following information
- Name of User
- Name of Administrator
- Date of Ban/Warning or Action
- Reason for Ban/Warning or What the Administrator did.
- Why the user should not have been banned.
- Post this message on an Administrator's Wall/Wikia Discussions/Roblox Message/Discord Message.
If none of these work, contact another wikia user to send a message to an administrator on your behalf.
A community audit is when an RFTW wiki user disagrees with the actions of an administrator or a decision made by the entire RFTA or RFTW administration. This can include, but is not limited to, bans and warnings, wikia decisions proposed, tweets made on the RFTA twitter account, and other actions by an administration official.
Community Audits are majority-vote straw polls that are held for 1 week using the sub-forum Community Audits in our RFTW Discussion Forum. After 1 week, the results are calculated in support of a challenge or against a challenge, and subsequent action is taken following whatever result occurs.
- An official Discussions thread is created on the Wikia Discussions board - Community Audit.
- The creator of the Community Audit presents what happened and their argument to challenge whatever action or decision occurred.
- They have to present a poll of either A: Don't Challenge or B: Yes Challenge
- The community can send their messages of support or disapproval for the audit.
- After 7 days, the total sum of A and B are calculated.
- If the community is in favor of the decision, no further action is taken. The person who started a community audit cannot be punished for creating one in the first place.
- If the community is NOT in favor of the decision, the administrators must conduct an administrative audit.
- If the administrators choose to ignore the results of a legitimate Community Audit, all wikia members may report directly to the Wikia FANDOM staff calling for the administrators to be removed from power.
All actions on the RFTW wiki are only susceptible to one community audit challenge. This is to prevent constantly challenging the same decision over and over again by the user who resubmits it or multiple people submitting one.
An Administrative Audit is when all 5 administrative officials, including Appointed Administrators, come together to investigate major issue, a decision made by another admin, or any other pressing concern that affects the RFTW community. Most Administrative Audits will occur after the result of a Community Audit, sometimes even if a Community Audit finds the decision of the administration to not be controversial.
Below is the process for conducting an Administrative Audit:
- All Voting/Non-Voting Administrators gather and open up discussion on the pressing issue or decision that was made.
- All Voting/Non-Voting Administrators will have time to offer up evidence and look through the details of the issue at hand.
- If any Administrator is being investigated by a community audit, they also will have time to defend themselves.
- All Voting/Non-Voting Administrators can propose a potential solution to the issue at hand.
- An audit is completed when all 5 administration officials vote in agreement on a solution.
- If any administrator is being investigated, they will not get the right to vote in this final instance.
- If any administrator votes to Abstain/Stay Neutral, normal rules of voting for abstaining will take place.
- All people affected by an Administrative Audit have the right to appeal their ban/punishment or ruling via a Community Audit, indirectly if they are removed from the community via a Community Threat ban.
- After the administrators come to a conclusion, they must present publically their report on their conclusions in a Blog Post.
- This final decision can still be challenged by another community audit if it's still unsatisfactory to the community.
After an Administrative Audit is completed, several things may happen afterwards:
- If an Administrator is deemed abusive, they will be appropriately punished or removed from adminship.
- If a user was warned or banned unjustly, their warning or ban is nullified.
- If a user's punishment is nullified, they are protected from alternative punishments for their actions that caused the bans in the first place, as well as protected for Basic Rule violations for 3 more times after that.
- If the Administrator is abusing Bureaucracy, Wikia will be contacted to seek the permanent revoking of bureaucracy.