Welcome to the Robloxian Film & Television Wiki Article Definitions! This page details the definitions of various terms, categories, and stages of production that are used frequently on our wikia community.
- Title: The Name of the Video
- Poster: An Image of a video's poster or title card. Size should be 100px
- Year: When the video was released or what year the video is planned to be released.
- Director: Who created the video.
- Type: What kind of video is it? Film, Short, Show, Series, Episode, etc.
- Role: The character an actor plays, or a specific role that a producer/writer was given. EX: Executive Producer, Screenwriter, Story.
- Status: The current status of the video - Released, Delayed, Cancelled, Lost, Upcoming, In-Production
Types of Infoboxes
- PeopleInfo: This infobox is used for articles on directors, actors, writers, etc. Articles about Roblox people.
- CompanyInfo: This infobox is used for articles on ROBLOX groups and businesses. TV and Film companies fall under this.
- VideoInfo: This infobox is used for articles on films, shorts, episodes, etc. Articles about Roblox videos.
- EventsInfo: This infobox is used for articles on awards, conventions, or other large gatherings.
- SerialInfo: This infobox is used for articles on series, shows and movie series, franchises, and cinematic universes.
- Aliases: This refers to a person's other ROBLOX accounts or alternative accounts.
- Join Date: The date a person made their first ROBLOX account.
- Nationality: The country-of-origin the person is from or currently lives in.
- Occupation: The category of their job in the Roblox Film & TV Industry.
- Company: The companies that the person either owns, or is heavily affiliated with.
- Network: The television network that a person either owns, or is heavily affiliated with.
- Channel: The television channel that a person either owns, or is heavily affiliated with.
- Services: The television service that a person either owns, or is heavily affiliated with.
- Player URL: The person's Roblox account URL.
- Category: The type of business the organization or company is categorized as.
- Established: Date when the business or group was opened.
- Membership: List of members if the organization is membership-based.
- Owner: The current owner of the business or group.
- Divisions: Can refer to company subsidiaries, TV networks or channels.
- Slogan: The motto of the organization.
- Website: A ROBLOX or offsite URL linking to where the company conducts its affairs.
- Type: The type of media the video falls under. More details under Types of Productions.
- Directed By: The director or the creator of the video. More details under Type of Occupations.
- Produced By: The producer of the video. More details under Type of Occupations.
- Written By: The writer of the video. More details under Type of Occupations.
- Edited By: The editor of the video. More details under Type of Occupations.
- Company: The company that releases the video under its name. Independent should be used if no company is affiliated.
- Network: The network that releases the video under its name.
- Channel: The channel that releases the video under its name.
- Release Date: The date when the video was originally released. If the video was released in parts, Part 1's release date goes here.
- Running Time: The total time length of the video.
- Genre: The genre the film falls under.
- Starring: The main actors and actresses (up to 5) who act in the video.
- Type: The type of event. More details under Types of Events.
- Date: The date the event is held.
- Host: The person who entertains people at the event.
- Coordinator: The person or company that puts on, directs, and planned the event.
- Location: The ROBLOX or offsite location where the event took place at.
- Slogan: The motto of the event.
- Type: The type of serial.
- Creator: The showrunner for the serial.
- Company: The company that releases the serial under itself.
- Network: The network that releases the serial under itself.
- Channel: The channel that releases the serial under itself.
- Time Ran: The dates from which the serial was running from.
- Seasons: The amount of seasons that were released under the serial
- Episodes: The amount of episodes that were released under the serial.
- Installments: The amount of productions that the serial encompasses
- Genre: The genre the serial encompasses.
Categories of Occupations
- Director: An individual who has created a ROBLOX video under their name.
- Producer: An individual who works with a director creating a ROBLOX video, typically in a consulting role.
- Writer: An individual who writes a script/screenplay/dialogue for a ROBLOX video.
- Animator: An individual who uses 3D animation software to create a Roblox video.
- Editor: An individual who edits in-game footage in a video editing program, and typically releases the video.
- Composer: An individual who creates original audio content for a ROBLOX video.
- Set Builder: An individual who builds in-game props, buildings, filming sets, or in-game scripts for the purposes of creating a ROBLOX video.
- Cinematographer: An individual who coordinates with the director to get quality footage for their video.
- Clothing Designer: An individual who creates and designs clothing for a ROBLOX video.
- Actress/Actor: An individual who acts in a Roblox video. Hosts and News Anchors fall under this category.
- Voice Acting: An individual who voice acts in a Roblox video. Their voice can be heard in the final product.
- Film Studio Executive: An individual who owns their own ROBLOX video production studio or movie company.
- Television Executive: An individual who owns their own ROBLOX television company, network, or channel.
- Media Executive: An individual who owns their own ROBLOX media company which releases non-video content.
Categories of Productions
- Film: A ROBLOX video that is typically longer than 15 minutes, or is structured in such a way where the video contains a typical three-act structure.
- Short: A ROBLOX video that is typically under 15 minutes.
- Series: A collection of ROBLOX videos which are released under a certain brand or title.
- Show: A collection of ROBLOX videos which are released under a certain brand or title, but also include some in-game elements, such as a talk show.
- Live-Action Performance: A type of ROBLOX Video which is filmed in-game, typically featuring a play or theatre performance.
- ROBLOX Record: A banned form of ROBLOX media on the wikia. Videos uploaded to YouTube directly from recordings in-game or with a recording watermark prevalent throughout the footage.
- Shared Universe: A series of projects and video productions that are linked together by shared elements, typically the same setting, narrative story, characters, or chronology.
- Franchise: A series of projects and video productions that are linked together in the form of a limited collection, typically such as a duology or trilogy.
Stages of Production
- Released: When a production has completed and released a final product available for public viewing.
- Completed: When a serial production has completed and released all episodes or installments of a project, making them available for public viewing.
- In-Production: When a production is currently being worked on.
- Ongoing: Used on Serial pages. This means the series is still releasing episodes.
- Upcoming: The title given to future productions that are being planned.
- Delayed: Projects that are uncertain of being made or cancelled. Delayed indefinitely falls under this.
- Cancelled: When a production is not being worked on anymore. Abandoned, Stopped.
- Lost: When a project has been lost, all footage of the video existing was deleted.
Categories of Group Organizations
- Movie Studio: A type of company owned usually by a director who specializes in making ROBLOX movies and short film videos. Also referred to as a production studio.
- Television Company: A type of company structured to broadcast ROBLOX television shows through a series of networks and television channels.
- Television Network: A subdivision of a ROBLOX Television Company which manages certain brands of content though channels or directly distributes content on a specific website.
- Television Channel: A subdivision of a ROBLOX Television Network or Television Company which releases a certain genre of media on a specific website. (Twitch, YouTube, Livestream).
- Theatre Program: A live-action performance group which puts on in-game ROBLOX plays and theatre performances, typically releasing them publically on video streaming websites.
- Organization: A generic label for a type of company not specified in any previous categories. Typically can refer to a community advocacy group, an alliance between people or companies, or think tanks specialized to brainstorm ideas.
- Media Corporation: A company which specializes in releasing non-video ROBLOX content. Ex. Comics, Newspapers, Sets, Posters, Clothing.
Categories of Events
Event pages are put onto the wikia to document important events and ceremonies that occur within the community. Events refer to a specific type of category whenever a live-action performance occurs. Premiere ceremonies do not qualify for wikia pages.
- Award Ceremonies: A type of event where people who have worked on ROBLOX video content are eligible to receive an award of some type to recognize or champion their works.
- Gatherings: A type of event characterized by large gatherings of community members for a specific purpose.
- Live-Action Performance: A type of event where typically an in-game stage or theatre performance occurs and is then distributed to a video-streaming website.
- Conventions: A type of event where community members represent themselves or their affiliated companies and promote their works to other members of the community, typically with booths.
Types of Genres
Genres are types of video media that fall into certain categories. The wikia aims to let individuals have the widest range of genre options available. This list displays the most common types of film genres present within the community:
- Art Film
Combination categories are also allowed on the wikia.